Place of birth: Rome, Italy
April 7, 1955
TNA, Ms. Moira Mazzantini
Tel: (from U.S.A. 01139) 06808-2433
Fax: (from U.S.A. 01139) 06808-8608
"Non dobbiamo rappresentare la vita
o come dovrebbe essere, ma come ci appare nei sogni"
"We don't have to depict life as it
is, or as it ought to be, but as we see it in our dreams"
"The Seagull" by Chekhov
Screenplays, Plays and Novels:
Maquette by Beatrice
for "An Adventure Show"
- 2010 "Let's make I were" (Facciamo che io ero), hybrid novel.
- 2010 "Attenti all'uomo" programma radiofonico scritto con Paola Mammini, episodio N. 0
- 2010 "Italo & Fernanda" atto unico per il Teatro dalla prima delle 5 variazioni "Cane e gatta".
- 2010 "Cane e gatta" (Se io fossi Italo), sceneggiatura per film ad episodi tratto dalle 5 variazioni omonime.
- 2009, “Cane e gatta” 5 variazioni, 5 racconti apparentemente su
animali e padroni, in realtà sulla “coppia e i nostri giorni”.
- 2008, "Dialoghi di coppia", progetto radiofonico in infiniti episodi
- 2007, "Italians: poet people" (movie subject)
- 2007, "Everything like before", (screenpaly for a madium metrage 35')
- 2006, "Il pianerottolo", (subject and project for a sit-com)
- 2006, "Gelo" (movie subject)
- 2005, "Un giorno qualsiasi" (screenplay)
- 2002, "Anofele" (two episods for a TV short serial)
- 2001, "Mia sorella la Televisione" (TV project)
- 2001, "Le mani legate" (TV project, written on request by Franco Castellano)
- 2000, "Utopia" (movie subject)
- 2000, "Lorenzo" (TV movie, subject).
- 2000, "La gara" (TV project)
- 2000, "Giallo Italiano" (TV project).
- 2000, "Enigma" (TV project and one subject).
- 2000, "Chilivani" (movie subject)
- 1999, "Piazza Garibaldi" (TV project).
- 1999, "L'infernale Quintilio" (B movie subject).
- 1999, "Grand Hotel Cappello" (screenplay).
- 1999, "Casa di riposo artisti" (TV project).
- 1998, "Cronos & Tanatos - Un giorno lungo un sogno" (Screenplay in progress).
- 1998, "Di Niente" (one act play).
- 1998, "Urla e Strepiti-now titled: Deformazione
professionale" (one act play).
- 1998, "Ridi sustoca-now titled: La lettera" (one act play).
- 1997/8, "Nebbia - Downloaded" - (screenplay).
- 1997, "ff&f" (TV project).
- 1997, "An Adventure Movie" (screenplay taken from the almost homonym play).
- 1997, "An Adventure Show" (play and musical).
- 1995/6, My narrow America (short tale collection).
- 1995, "I wanna, gonna, gotta be American" (short movie, in English).
- 1993-1998/9, "Fault feeling: none" - "Senso di colpa: nessuno" (screenplay with Claudio Lizza).
- 1993, "Una Strana Storia d'Amore" (subject).
- 1992/2000, Into the mist (novel).
- 1992, "Laudano & Assenzio" (treatment).
- 1991/2, "Gangsters" (screenplay with Claudio Lizza).
Watercolor painting by
for "Into the mist"
Se desideraste leggere qualcuno dei
lavori per il
piccolo o il grande schermo, potete inviarmi una e-mail.
Qualche cosa di
invece potete trovarla nella sezione seguente gia' linkata.
A few press collaborations:
1989, a few reports on acting for "Paese Sera" from Venice Film
a few collaborations with NewYork-Italia. A bilingual magazine
published in NYC. You may find an interview with Gianni
Amelio, or with Bernardo Bertolucci
a personal long report for "Caffe' Europa" (an
internet magazine) on my own experience with Arthur
Penn, titled "Six afternoons with Mr. Penn". The American version
of it, will be ready soon (that I said, but I never got an American translation. It's too long and so too expensive).
- 2007 “le cose accadono” articolo in 2 puntate per “L’attimo Fuggente”
I'm preparing myself writing a lot and doing short movies, waiting for the right chance.
In the meanwhile I'm writing, writing and writing, to be always involved in new projects.
"From 2000 up to June 2005 I've being writing, writing and rewriting my
screenplay "S.S. 597, Peldesemene" to make it as perfect as possible,
that I'd have directed. The plot was all about two Carabinieri’s
killing. It should have been a sort of an adventure/western/theatre
kind of movie, set in Sardinia Island. I took inspiration for the
screenplay from a real story and trial documents."
The above came out to be a dream fallen down in a big shit, because of
many many reasons. The first one was about production method, as usual
in Italy. The production company got a public grant of € 1.300.000,00
on the 2003 summer. The movie was supposed to be shot on may 2004.
Waiting and waiting the production company lost half of the budget.
Then everything fell down.
I tried to change production company, but it was impossible.
So the dream turned to be a nightmare.
This is the answer to all those nice people who are still calling me to collaborate to make the movie. It is over!
You may have a look of this 4' short movie I shot and edited on March 2005: "Nuovo cinema mercato".
It has been screened in Venice at Casa degli autori on September 2005
together with other 7 short movies collected in one bigger movie (the
link will be ready soon).
On January 19th 2003, at Filodrammatici Theater in Milan, I did a
reading of a couple of 'one act plays' of mine, "Deformazione
professionale" and "Di niente", performed by Cloris Brosca and Sergio
It was very very nice working with those two great actors.